Saturday, December 28, 2013

In Studio with... Lamixx


Jacqueline: My name is Jacqueline and I design and create. My passion is people first then clothing, its such an honor to know people wear lamixx and feel good wearing it.  To turn a blank slate into something beautiful is a true joy. I am located in Sunny California and create in my minimal studio. 

Thrive: What got you started on this creative path and how long have you been at it?

J: My path was not the one I set out on, but the path opened up and here I am. I never thought of myself as a creative person, but when there is light on the path I realized I am capable of much more then I could dream. I begin lamixx in 2008 with a few designs and am thankful each step of the journey. 

T: What is your favorite thing about being a business owner?

J: My favorite thing is having the ability to truly enjoy what I am doing and be free to be fully present and passionate. 




T: Explain your creative process.

J: Lamixx is a fashion studio where we work by piece and collection not by seasons.  I strive to make timeless, well made pieces and that takes time. It first comes with an inspiration and usually a good thought in the late night. Then it is tested and put into action!

T: What keeps you motivated?

J: What keeps me motivated is the joy of creating, making clothing for people with a purpose and the idea to work with excellence each day in whatever my hands find to do.  I am grateful for life and each opportunity. 

T: When the sky is falling and work is overwhelming what do you do to relive stress?

J: Haha, I usually get a cup of coffee and just breath. I also take a short vacations and remind myself to be grateful for work and more importantly my life. 

T: What song are you listening to RIGHT now?

J: It’s actually quiet, sometimes I work in silence haha, or put on Chris Tomlin - where you go, I will go. 

T: What was the last movie that you watched?

J: Independent Film called My way, thank goodness for Netflix. 

T: Favorite thing about your studio space?

J: Window light. 

T: Whats the best advice that you have been given?

J: Treat others as you would like to be treated.

That's all! Thanks Jacqueline for sharing your work with us! To purchase her products visit www.thrivelifestyle.ca go to the shop and search Lamixx! 

Thanks for reading,

THRIVE LOVES YOU!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...